If you have not updated recently or are a new Wristcam user, the update you wish to perform may take some extra steps to update. Some of our updates also will take extra time or trying the below troubleshooting to perform.
Please follow these steps to see if it resolves your issue:
- Please only use the Wristcam provided Power Adaptor directly plugged into the wall along with the Charging Cable. If you use a USB extension power cord or extension cord, like all other products, our product requires 5V (volt, i.e. Potential), and during power consumption at even 100mA (milli Amper) there will be potential drop and the device will NOT get the needed 5V.
- Please ensure you are close to Wifi access point (e.g., please move to the same room). If you are using a VPN- please turn off the VPN while trying to perform the Wristcam update.
- Please charge your Wristcam for 2-3 hours will charge it fully. Please leave the Wristcam on the charging cable and have your iPhone next to the Wristcam.
- Please pair your Wristcam with your iPhone.
- Wristcam will go into standby mode after 40 seconds of inactivity to preserve the battery- if this happens and it appears not to be connected or off- simply press the mechanical button once to wake it up (and re-connect).
- Please remove the Wristcam from the charging cable and then place it back on the charging cable and then pair the Wristcam before you start the update.
- Leaving the Wristcam on the charging cable, please then go to the Wristcam phone app Settings tab > Maintenance & Support > click on Update Firmware > then click on CONNECT AND UPDATE.
- Please try updating the Firmware, keeping your iPhone also next to the Wristcam. You may need to try the updating a few times and once you start to see the process starting it will take a few minutes. Just leave all there to update.
If you still are not able to resolve your issue, please submit a bug report (ensuring your Wristcam is still paired and you have the Wristcam app open on your Apple Watch face so the data logs will attach). Then, the Support team will follow up.