For a firmware updating issue, Error code 403 can mean your Wristcam is noting a Wifi or IP address issue. Please ensure you are close to Wifi access point (e.g., please move to the same room). If you are using a VPN- please turn off the VPN while trying to perform the Wristcam update.
To help us better understand what may be causing the update issue, please check the the below questions and troubleshooting:
- Have you charged the Wristcam for 1-2 hours (2-3 hours may be needed if battery was at 0%).
- Please only use the Wristcam provided Power Adaptor directly plugged into the wall along with the Charging Cable.You may use a plug converter if residing outside the US or Canada. This means you may have issues with charging the Wristcam, updating the Wristcam and downloading content if you use the power extension cord.
- If you use a USB extension power cord or extension cord, like all other products, our product requires 5V (volt, i.e. Potential), and during power consumption at even 100mA (milli Amper) there will be potential drop and the device will NOT get the needed 5V.
- Are you seeing a red LED light when you initially connect the charging cable and accompanying power adaptor to the Wristcam core?
- Are you able to use the dual USB port charging adaptor that was provided with your Wristcam to charge your Apple Watch?
- If you are able to answer the above with "yes", please go ahead with the next steps.
- Uninstall the Wristcam application.
- Reinstall the Wristcam application.
- Open the Wristcam application on your iPhone.
- SKIP the Video Calling Sign in process and focus ONLY on connecting to the device.
- Try doing the firmware update. If successful then do Step 7.
- Continue the Video Calling signing in after the firmware update is installed.
- If you see a message that the Wristcam is not connected, please disconnect and re-connect the power cable to the Wristcam core. You only need to remove it from the charger for a couple seconds.
- Then please try updating the Firmware again. You may need to try this step a few times for the update to occur.
- What is the Status that you are seeing reflected within Settings pane of the Wristcam companion app on your iPhone? Is your Wristcam connected? What is the battery estimated %?
- What version of Firmware is currently running on the Wristcam- if you are still not able to perform the update. Please reach out to us for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.